Longer time between classes

Ron Tran, Staff Writer

Have you been late to class because of how short the time is in between classes. Hunter High should have longer time between classes because using the restroom between classes can be a struggle. The halls can get really crowded when we are getting to our class, and students might need to use their lockers but are too far away from them. At times teacher won’t allow students use the restroom in the middle of class because it is disruptive to teachers and students. Going to class can be a big struggle because of how crowded the halls can get between classes. Also if students need to use their lockers and it is far from their next class that also can be a big struggle. Schools usually only give about five minutes for students to get to their next class, but trying to do anything extra and get to class on time is almost impossible.

First, using the restroom between classes can be a struggle because students only get five minutes to get to their next class and using the bathroom in between will make the students late to class. Another problem that will tie to this is that during classes some teachers will not let students go because they think it is disruptive to the class and the teacher. And if the teachers let the student go to the restroom during class it can also make the students miss what the teacher taught while they gone.

Second, the halls can get really crowded when we are getting to our class. It will make it hard for students to get to their next class because it is so compacted you can’t even move. Students will have to squeeze their way to their next class and that can be a hassle.

Finally, students might need to use their lockers but it is far away from them. Using a locker in between classes can be a big struggle too. Like if a student needs to go put their notebooks or something in their locker they won’t make it to class in time if the locker is across the school.

As a result of not having a lot of time between classes, student’s tardies will go up. This will lead to students having a low citizenship in their classes. However, teachers may disagree about having longer passing periods because it will make the day longer and it will take up the learning time in class. A logical solution to this is to increase the time of passing periods so students will have time to go to the restroom, go through a crowded hall, and go to their lockers and still make it to class in time, tardies will go down, citizenship won’t drop down.