The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

New friends

It’s always nice making new friends, but it can also be very hard to make friends if you don’t put yourself out there or if you don’t open up. Now making new friends is great when you’ve ended a friendship, whether it was that they weren’t a good friend or you moved and lost touch. But the ending of a friendship can be pretty hard to get over if you begin as really good friends in the beginning, which is usually how it starts because you have to like each other and enjoy being around each other to become friends.

It can be hard to get over a friendship because you remember all the good times you had. Then when you grow apart or one of you starts to have a great dislike for the other, or one becomes jealous of the other one it does ruin friendships. If you feel it best you shouldn’t be friends anymore then maybe it is for the best and just because you aren’t friends anymore doesn’t mean you have to forget all the good times you had. Those good times can always have a special place in your heart unless remembering those times cannot help you move on from that friendship. And maybe not remembering those moments can help you move on from such a thing as a breakup, and don’t let the end of a friendship let you hold a grudge against them.

Look at it as the light at the end of the tunnel or the sun coming from behind the clouds and just move on with your life. Make new friends. If you could become friends with that person you can become friends with another person – unless you’re the jerk –  then it is really hard to make friends and you should maybe change who you are. If someone doesn’t like the real you, again unless you are the jerk in the friendship, then you should work on becoming a better friend.