The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Living Traditions Festival
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • May 21, 2024
AP advice
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • May 15, 2024

Marine scholarship opportunity

If you’re searching for what to do after college or high school there is an NROTC option. The Marines are offering scholarships to students who are high school graduates or people who possess a GED by August 1st of the same year of the anticipated entrance into the four-year NROTC program.

If you are interested in this opportunity more of the eligibility requirements are as follows: you must be 17 years of age by August 1st of the year you are signing up for, and you also must not be above the age of 23 by the same year/date. You must meet the physical requirements of this position. It is highly encouraged that preparations should be made by visiting the Navy Operational Fitness and Fueling System websites. You also cannot have a criminal record or civilian offenses, you must achieve qualifying scores on the SAT (100) or ACT (composite score of 22) and you must apply for and gain admission to an approved NROTC college or program.

Although this seems like many requirements, there are definite benefits, such as unlimited traveling opportunities, excellent medical/dental benefits, academic or study skills mentoring, and educated counseling. They are looking for people who have demonstrated through grades and achievements their leadership and integrity. If this sounds right for you give it a shot.