The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

OJ Simpson death

OJ Simpson was a football player for the Buffalo Bills from 1969 to 1977, and if you didn’t know OJ was also a murderer. He killed his wife and her boyfriend in 1994 but until April 10, 2024, he said he didn’t do it.

OJ Simpson died of cancer on the 10th of this month at 76. Now a lot of people have been saying that it took him killing his wife to his grave, and not everyone believes he killed her. When he was in court all of the evidence was stacked against him: his bloody shoe print and size in the carpet, blood drops that matched his DNA, a glove that matched the ones he would wear when he watched football, blood on his car, and he had a pair of socks that had his wife’s blood on them. When he was in court they made him try the glove on to prove it was his but his hands were too big for it. The prosecutors said the gloves were drenched in blood and while they were left outside where they were found they had hardened and shrunk.

On June 17, 1994, OJ led the cops on a chase in his famous white Ford Bronco on the LA interstate. This chase was supposed to be OJ self-surrendering to the cops, but OJ wasn’t even driving. The driver was OJ’s friend in the NFL. AL Cowlings was behind the wheel and OJ was in the back seat behind AL. OJ had a gun pointed at AL and OJ was telling him where to go.

There was so much evidence but they never convicted him guilty for the deaths of his wife and her boyfriend. Many say it is because he didn’t do it, or because he was black. But I think it was because he was famous, his refusal to self-surrender, and his supposedly “hypothetical” way of killing his wife and her boyfriend.  This is found in his book “If I Did It”. Yet in his book, it seems like he would’ve been laughing when he wrote it and that he’s just confessing but not really confessing saying he did it. Really who writes a book about their wife’s death like that when everyone says you’re the killer, but then continues to deny killing your wife? A liar does, that’s who.