The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

The Bachelor and LGBTQ+

The Bachelor and LGBTQ+

Many of us know the long-going show “The Bachelor,” whether it was when we saw our moms, aunts, or friends watching it or talking about it. Parodies have been made over the years about how the drama that occurs in the show is a comedy to us of how dramatic it can be. If you don’t know what “The Bachelor” [or “The Bachelorette”] it is basically a dating show where a bachelor goes on several dates with multiple women and hopes that one of those candidates is his one true love.

There have been several spin-offs of each and they have become two of the most classic 2000+ dating shows. Since The Bachelor came out in 2002, and The Bachelorette in 2003, they have always been heterosexual men and women. People over the years have wondered why there are no bachelors/bachelorettes who are part of the LGBTQ+ community with men and women candidates. There has been a petition going around about having an LGBTQ+ season on The Bachelor after producers began announcing that they were thinking about making one.

In my opinion, I like the idea of a LGBTQ+ season, It seems to have a lot of potential and it would not really be a dating show if it was only for heterosexual people and not adding people who are part of the LGBTQ+ community as bachelors/bachelorettes when they are also trying to find true love. If you’d like to sign the petition, the link is down below.

https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/make-an-lgbtqia-season-of-the-bachelor-franchise