The time in between class periods should be increased

Carlos Whitmer, Staff Writer

The time between class periods right now is 5 minutes. If you don’t get there in this amount of time your are marked late. This is not enough time to get there for multiple reasons. This is a temporary problem due to the construction obstructing a lot of different paths that students would take to their classes. With all these paths now blocked, kids need to go through certain congested hallways. This with the combination of distance make a lot of kids late to their next class. Students also need to talk to their teachers after class but because of their schedules this makes them late.
The construction of the new hallway here at Hunter High has closed off certain entrances and paths to classes. This means that more people have to go through the same hall which slows it down and crowds it. The crowding also make is very hard to get through without having to push through people.
Distance along with the crowded hallways make it very difficult to get to that one class that’s across the school. Many kids show up late due to this reason. Some people say that five minutes is enough time to get to your next class but every student has a different schedule.
Some kids get to school around the time that it starts and they have to leave right when it ends. For many of these kids the reasons they can’t come early or leave late are out of their control. When students need help and have to talk to their teachers, they can’t do it or they will be late.
This simple problem has an easy solution. All that needs to be done is to increase the time by one minute while construction is still happening. This is such a simple and temporary problem that causes a lot of trouble to students and their attendance. It’s hard to move through these long crowded hallways without being able to talk to teachers and still being on time. We have to convince them to increase it as it will be a great change for students and teachers.