Hunter Girl’s basketball 2017-18 season wrap-up

Gage Versteeg, Sports Editor

The girls basketball team finished their season last week so it is time for a season wrap up. The team finished 8-15, while going 4-8 in region play. One impressive thing is that we swept Granger, beating them all four times we played, which included all three times in the regular season We ultimately tied with Granger and had to play them in a one-game playoff to see who would go to the 6A playoffs. We lost in the playoffs to Region 1’s number one seed Fremont in the first round. Although we finished fouth in the region standings due to region record if it was overall record we would have finished second behind Hillcrest, who finished 17-5.  Cyprus went 7-14 and Kearns went 6-16, but they both went 5-7 in region play.

Stat wise some of our leaders where Tanzie Gasu, who scored 8.6 points per game. Angel Lui scored 7.8 and Elyse Farley scored four a game. Tanzie Gasu also lead in rebounds with 4.6 per game. Nevaeh Brown and Elyse Farley were right behind with with 4.5 and 4.4 a game. Our assists and steals leader was Gabbreilla Cuevas with 2.4 assists and 2.1 steals.

Much like the boys team there are quite a bit of Seniors on the team. Some of them are players that play a big role like Tanzie Gasu, Elyse Farley, and Gabbreilla Cuevas. The other seniors include Lavi Laloni, Marta Yang, and Lusi Moeai. Some other players are fairly new like Angel Lui, and Navaeh Brown who are both Sophomores, and Olivia Harding who is just a freshman. Now the seniors roles will be replaced by not only current players but others that might be playing on JV or Freshman. I can’t wait to see what next season offers and good luck to all seniors as you graduate and become adults. Good luck to the non-seniors on your way to graduating.