The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

Brock Purdy gets gets selected for 2023 Pro Quarterback of the Year

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy continues to collect the hardware for a productive 2023 season that will conclude at Super Bowl LVIII. The 49ers QB was named the National Quarterback Club’s 2023 Pro Quarterback of the Year on Wednesday, February 7. Purdy joins 49ers legends and Hall of Fame quarterbacks Joe Montana (1989) and Steve Young (1992, 1994) as recipients of the award.

Purdy is in his first full season as a starter set franchise records and finished as one of the top statistical quarterbacks in the league. The second-year quarterback led the NFL passer rating (113.0) and passing yards per attempt (9.6) also came in fourth in completion percentage (69.4) and fifth in passing yards (4,280). His 4,280 passing yards set a single-season record, surpassing the previous record held by quarterback Jeff Garcia. Purdy’s production in 2023 earned him Pro Bowl honors and resulted in San Francisco’s QB1 racking up the most votes of any player in the league.

The National Quarterback Club is guided by a comprehensive mission, a clear vision, and consistent values. Through various award programs, the organization recognizes outstanding athletes from the professional, college, and high school ranks for their qualities and achievements on and off the playing field and serves as a model for comprehensive excellence in athletic achievement, academic success, and greater social affinity. The Quarterback Club was founded in 1985 as a non-profit organization by originator and long-time sports advocate, Robert J. Geoghan.