The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

Teen girl falsely accused of being transgender

photo from google

ABC News has reported that in a now-deleted Facebook post, Utah School Board member Natalie Cline suggested that a teenage girl playing in the Girl’s Basketball team was transgender. The Utah Government had found out about the post that was made and is now calling for a resignation. The article also stated that one small post had created a lot of harm for the teen girl as she faced a lot of bullying online and threats for having a body with a more built form than others. Natalie Cline has then apologized for the post but it still does not change anything if she re-read what she wrote down before posting it and thought it was a good idea only because she thinks that teen girls, or women in general, are born with a small frame and can’t be built unless they are transgender.

In the world we live in today we shouldn’t be worried about such ridiculous things, like a girl being more built than other girls, whether they are biologically female or not it will always be causing some sort of harm in any way, shape, or form. ABC News stated that the LGBTQ+ community has worked together to make sure that Natalie Cline gets resigned for her inappropriate and immature behavior.

credit:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/utah-school-board-official-falsely-suggested-teen-girl/story?id=107100300

View Comments (2)