Make-a-wish assembly

Make-a-wish+assembly

Ivana Sanchez, Staff Writer

Make-a-wish is a 501 nonprofit organization founded in the United States that creates life-changing wishes for children with a critical illness who have reached the age of 2½ and are younger than 18 at the time of referral. Make-a-wish is coming to Hunter High, November 22,2019, this day Hunter High will have an assembly. Here we will see some workers and they will be explaining what Make-a-wish is all about. There are many children who have been granted their wish, this is the most sweetest thing you can see. A student at Hunter High said ” I have a younger sister with a heart problem, she is currently in need of a heart transplant, when she was younger Make-a-Wish granted her dream of going to Disney World, all I remember was seeing that huge smile on her face I was so happy, I had tears of joy”. That is so sweet you can make a donation and help gift these children their dream. For many parents the last thing they want to see is their children be sad and in pain all the time, so when someone donates enough money to grant their little ones dream they are so happy their words can’t even come out, they don’t even know how to thank someone in small words.

If you donate you never know if you are the next to grant a little kids dream and make their day better. Hunter High is waiting upon this day to come and neither can Hunter students. This will be an amazing week to come, you will be amazed by how a fantastic group of people do so much to fulfill the little ones dreams. Remember Make-a-Wish will be coming November 22,2019, so prepare for a very amazing assembly and week. Hunter high will be waiting for this amazing moment and we hope Hunter high students feel the same. If you want to know more about the Make-a-Wish organization you can look for them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

Note: the photo is from the day of the assembly. It shows Landon with his parents, his sisters, and two brothers after the assembly. More than $7,000 was donated.