The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

Sundance Film Festival

What is Sundance?

Sundance is an annual film festival that occurs in Park City, Utah. Every year, it features a series of original short films, documentaries, and shows. The purpose of this film festival is to highlight and give exposure to new, independent film makers. Sundance also hosts the appearance of many well known celebrities, some notable ones of this year being Robert Downey Jr., Camila Cabello, Dominic Fike, and Chrissy Teigan. This year, Sundance started on January 18th, and it will continue through the 28th of January.

Can anybody go to Sundance?

Yes, the general public can attend most of the events that are held during the festival. While some events are reserved for approved personnel only, most are available to everyone, and you will likely attend the events alongside “industry professionals who regularly attend” according to Chase Bank’s article on Sundance. If you are interested in going to any of the events that are being held at sundance this year, you can visit their website, where you’ll find ticket/lodging prices alongside event info. The films that are being presented at the festival will also be available for purchase on demand and online as of tomorrow.

What kind of events have been/are being held?

So far, a notable event has been the viewing for a documentary titled “Will and Harper”, starring Will Ferrell and his best friend Harper Steele. This documentary follows Harpers journey in being transgender, and Will’s journey learning alongside her. According to Variety Magazine, Will had “Zero Knowledge” about the trans community before Harper’s transition. In his words, this film is meant to raise awareness, and create a chance for “all of us in the cis community to be able to ask questions and also just to listen and be there as a friend to discuss this journey.”

Some future events that might be worth knowing about include filmmaker and artist panels, a “Three Event Series” that includes the “Power of Story, Cinema Cafe, and The Big Conversation.” If you are interested to learn about any other events and talks that will be hosted, they are currently listed on their website. 

Sources: 

About

https://festival.sundance.org/

About Us

Sundance Institute Events

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/celebrities-parties-premieres-sundance-2024#:~:text=Hosted%20by%20the%20Sundance%20Institute,Pain’s%20Jennifer%20Grey%2C%20and%20Kristen

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/education/basics/how-to-attend-sundance-film-festival#:~:text=Most%20screenings%20and%20panels%20at,the%20Sundance%20Film%20Festival%20website.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/will-ferrell-transgender-community-sundance-documentary-1235881250/