The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Utah welcoming NHL team
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 24, 2024
Senior Decision Day
Samantha Sorensen, Staff Writer • April 24, 2024
End of the School year dates
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • April 22, 2024

Two Granite police officers awarded for their service at Granger High School

On November 13th, 2023, two Granite School District police officers were awarded during a Granite Board of Education meeting. They were awarded for their various brave acts performed for our school district, one in particular being thoroughly acknowledged during the meeting.

Photo Credit: https://www.wvcjournal.com/2023/11/30/474270/granite-officers-honored-for-their-life-saving-actions#:~:text=White%20and%20Penrose%20were%20honored,the%20awards%20to%20his%20officers

Officer Brandon White, an officer who patrols Granger High during school hours, was present on September 19th, 2023, when a 15-year-old student was hit by a car. He arrived at the scene quickly after the accident had occurred, where he discovered that the victim was not breathing and did not have a pulse. It was then that he began performing life-saving measures until another officer arrived, Officer Garrett Penrose. The two officers took turns performing CPR for over 8 minutes until medical professionals arrived. Officer White stated in an interview that “it was a miracle” to him that the victim had come to him, as he was in such bad shape, and that “tears welled up in his eyes.”

The award was given to the two officers by Granite School District Police Department Chief Randy Porter. While giving them the award, Porter states, “The actions taken by Officer Brandon White and Officer Garrett Penrose saved this young person’s life,” and that he was honored to award them.

This accident occurred near 3450 W. and 3500 S., a road near Granger High School. According to the victim’s mother, he is anxious to return to school and is recovering from the injuries he sustained.

Sources:

Granite Police Officers honored for Distinguished Service

https://www.wvcjournal.com/2023/11/30/474270/granite-officers-honored-for-their-life-saving-actions#:~:text=White%20and%20Penrose%20were%20honored,the%20awards%20to%20his%20officers.