The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Big cats
Sage GriffisMay 6, 2024
Senior Week
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • May 6, 2024

The Olympic Games will return to the Beehive State

If you haven’t already seen the news, Utah will be hosting the 2034 Winter Olympics. Now how did this all come about, well, Wednesday the 29th of November the Olympic Committee met in France to narrow down the list of possible hosts for future Winter Olympics with France most likely hosting the 2030 Olympics. The big question leading up to this meeting was who was going to host the 2034 games.

Salt Lake City’s Olympic committee recently revealed that Salt Lake City and neighboring Park City are the preferred hosts for the 2034 Winter Games. Salt Lake City hosted the Winter Games in 2002. After 32 years, the games are making their way back to Utah for the 2nd time. The committee decided to bid for the 2034 games rather than 2030 to create space between the 2028 summer Olympics that Los Angeles California is hosting.

What does this mean for Utah. The Olympics is an amazing thing for Utah all around being that this is a good way to get more tourists with over 200 nations being represented at these games. Back in 2016 when Rio de Janeiro was hosting the summer games, its economy thrived with 16,000 new job opportunities created. Needless to say, the games will help Utah’s economy tremendously.