The Student News Site of Hunter High School

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

The Blueprint

Polls

What do you spend most of your after school hours doing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Big cats
Sage GriffisMay 6, 2024
Senior Week
Ayan Mohamud, Writer • May 6, 2024

My experience in journalism

As we are entering the final day of the 1st semester of the 2023-2024 school year, I would like to reminisce on my first semester in journalism. Journalism was always such an interesting topic to me; all the different things you can do were just so interesting to me. There was a point in my life where I just wanted to be a journalist and work at the Salt Lake Tribune as a writer.

Eventually, I decided that being a journalist did not match up with what I truly wanted to do in life, so I figured I might as well take the class just to make sure I made the right choice. I took the journalism class here at Hunter and although there were times when I thought I could not do well, it opened up my eyes and made me more interested in journalism.

It got to a point where I enjoyed doing it and was able to have this class with friends helps a lot they make it so it is fun to collaborate on ideas and peer edit. This class was truly an eye-opener for me and made me want to reconsider what to do when I get to choose a career in two years this course has also strengthened my reading extensively. As for semester one finishes I am excited to start semester 2 and be able to dive deeper into journalism and explore different types of journalism like editorial and more. My advice is if you are considering taking a journalism class do it.