Memories part 2

Selina Malu, Staff Writer

As the year comes to an end I can’t help but think of all the memories throughout my senior year. All the classes, lunches, pranks, meet-ups, dances, weekend nights, car rides, and more. How do you put a year’s worth of memories into one short story. The answer is you put in the memories and the people that made this year the best.

This year was a roller coaster of emotions, there were a lot of ups and downs. There was a lot of laughing, screaming, and crying this year and I wouldn’t change it for anything. Before the year started I vowed to make this year the best year of my high school years, and I do think that it is safe to say that I kept up to that vow. I kept my circle small and minded my own business, I met new people that helped me to see myself and made me laugh every time I was with them. They truly made this year the best year of all my high school years, and for that, I am truly grateful for their presence in my life.

Processing through the tragedy of two students’ deaths [and one student’s injuries this year,] I was able to reminisce about the memories I had with them and continued to do what I do for them. Even being older than them, they taught me so many of the lessons that I have learned in my 18 years here on this earth. They taught me how to live in the moment and to forget your worries when you are in that moment.  They taught me to “thug everything out and keep it real.” They taught me some really nice dance moves and told me stories of their lives. They never failed to let anyone know how much they loved them. Paul and Tivani, I miss you two very much. You guys were constantly checking up on me and my brothers making sure we had the best of everything. I miss the dances we would go to, I miss skipping class just to kick it with you guys and have fun. I miss the laughs and the jokes I would have with you guys. I know you guys can’t read this, but I love you till the end.

During this whole 2021-2022 school year I was able to have fun and live in the moment. With this school year coming to an end I can’t help but look back on the memories I had with everyone here at Hunter high school. From day one I did not like this school and over the years I still didn’t like the school, but not the people. The wolverine people here at Hunter high proudly wear our colors during games or assemblies. They carry the name of a Hunter High wolverines and proudly present it in every face-off. We have never failed to keep up our sense of love for anyone we have come across.

Thank you to my small group of friends for making this year work for me. Thank you for the good times and the bad times. Thank you for putting me in check when I needed to be. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. To Paul and Vani, I am thankful for your support in everything I do and will continue to miss you and love you guys every day. Thank you for the great memories.