Covid and how it affected us the past 2 years

Rigel Yam, Staff Writer

A lot has changed these past two years since the outbreak of covid started. In March of 2020, everything started to go downhill for us. Students in school were told that they were going on a short two-week break but in reality that lasted way longer than it should’ve; all the way up until the end of the school year and even a bit at the beginning of the next school year.

Everyone was going crazy when the outbreak first happened. People were taking disinfectants, toilet paper, water bottles, etc from all the stores. Most stores put limits on how many of one thing you can buy per customer. Even then it would be hard to find disinfectants, toilet paper, water, etc. Now when you go to the store you can easily find toilet paper, water, disinfectants, whatever it may be that you need they will most likely have it now. No more restrictions on items, you can buy as many hand sanitizers as you want, take home 10 packages of toilet paper, or take 15 cases of water bottles home.

The scare around covid has died down and restrictions are being lifted everywhere. But just because we’re getting rid of restrictions and less people are getting sick and dying, doesn’t mean that covid isn’t there. Covid is here and most likely will always be, it may not have a huge outbreak again like it did in 2020, but we still have to stay safe. Life certainly has changed because of covid, but whether it was for the better or worse the important thing is that we’re still here and we’re still going. May those people who lost their battle against covid rest in peace. For the rest of us we have no idea what life will bring us so let’s make the best of it.