School security

We need to be at this status.

We need to be at this status.

Agustin Mariscal, Staff Writer

One of the biggest concerns when it comes to any public school would have to be how safe and secure the school is for not just students but also teachers. Some parents also are very strict to a schools security, which is understandable because their kid goes to that school. Now in most of schools, elementary, junior high, and high school have at least a cop that stays in the school to guard it but is that enough to keep all the students and teachers safe? In some high schools they have about two or three police officers. Increasing the officers that are in school doesn’t really improve the security of it. All around the world we have heard about schools being threatened and that scares the schools all over the world.

In the past years there have been so many school shootings, the most recent one in Florida took a huge drag. This tragic event took place on February 14, 2018 in Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida. When a teenager entered the school and starting to shoot a gun at the students that were at the school. This catastrophic thing he did left 17 people dead on sight. This is where school security comes in, did they have enough police officers to do something about the gunman. That’s why schools should take the security side more serious and try their best to not let any person get killed or critically injured if this ever occurs to them.

This is mostly feared by every school, and most schools always have a plan if a shooting ever takes place. The security should be the very top priority of any school, to keep all students and teachers safe all the time.