Cell phones should be banned from school

Ron Tran, Staff Writer

Some may say that phones in school is very distracting. Cell phones are not distracting if they are used at an appropriate time. They can be used as a resource for the students education. However, I believe that cell phone use in school should not be banned from school because they help students communicate with parents and guardians, they can be used as a learning source, and it can make the student more organized.

First, they help students communicate with parents and guardians. This means that they have something to communicate with their parents or guardians after school in case the student needs a ride home. Not banning cell phones from school will also be beneficial because in case of an emergency the student can call their parents or 911. Banning cell phones from school will also cause more students to go to the office to use the phone and it will get crowded.

Second, they can be used as a learning source. This can help students because they can use google or any apps as a source of learning. Some things teachers may not know and students can use their phone to search it up. And most sites and apps now a days helps students go through the things if they don’t understand. Using a phone at school can also ensure the student understands because some sites email what the struggle is. So, that’s why using a phone at school is very beneficial.

Finally, it can make the student more organized. It can make students more organized because they can keep all their school works and things on their phone. And most of the time students always have their phone on them so they will never lose things because it can help the, stay organized. Like for example, students can download majority of the apps they have like canvas, google classroom, etc.

However, others may think that phones should be banned from school because it is distracting. People say it is distracting because students will find ways to use it in class for non school related things like texting, social media, etc. Others will also say that if a student gets bored they will pull out their phone and play games. This will lead to students not understanding the things their teachers are teaching and this will lead to a bad grade.

A solution to this would be, if schools can control what students can or cannot use their phones for in class there wouldn’t be any problems. Phones in school can be used as a learning tool and it is very beneficial to the student and teachers too. It helps teachers in case they don’t know the question their students ask. So then, the student can search it up and it will save time for students and teachers.