My high school experience

Austin Jensen, Staff Writer, Editor

The 2019-2020 school year is close to being over. And with that, so are all of my high school years. High school is genuinely such a crazy ride. This probably sounds very stereotypical, but I’ve lost and gained so many friends within these four years of my life. I’ve also lost and gained so many experiences throughout this time as well. Some things I’ve absolutely loved/gained are the chances of asking and being asked to school dances, along with going to clubs after school, and mostly all of the great teachers I have had the chance to be taught by. Some things I’ve lost are the chances I had to go to the football games/be on one of our sports teams but chose not to be, along with a bunch of other after school events that are held. I am currently a senior, and I went to my first football game for Hunter this year. And then a few more after that. That’s just crazy to me, it’s my final year of high school and I’m barely starting to participate in everything.

The point I’m trying to make is that you should get out there and do all that you can throughout these four years of life. Don’t miss out on the games, dances, clubs, or anything else that you have the opportunity to go to. I promise you, it will all be worth it. Another thing I want to encourage all of you to do is to stay on track to graduate, always. Thankfully, I’ve never had to be in summer school or do a packet, but that’s because I keep my grades up and stay focused, just like anyone and everyone can/should. Let’s rock out the rest of this year.