Positive advice from positive people: Austin and Kalissa

Kalissa Kennedy, Staff Writer, Editor

Q: I have been struggling to go to my classes this last semester and I hate being in school even for half a day. My doctor says that doing online school would be best, and that I should switch as soon as possible. I am afraid to miss out on socializing though, my friends at school are super important to me.

A: I would suggest doing the online school, as tough as it sounds your friends come after education. You need to focus on your grades and school, before you can worry about your free time with friends. Besides, online school is not very time consuming as long as you stay caught up, leaving you with plenty of time to spend with friends.

Q: My English teacher this year is super mean to the class. If they are in bad mood that day, just asking them a question sets them off. I want to switch out nut I am not able to. Is there a way to make the class a better environment, or should I just deal with it?

A: I definitely know where you are coming from. Plus, it can make it hard to want to learn in a class with such discouraging teachers. I would suggest talking to the teacher after class, and letting them know that they make it hard for you to learn because of the way their mood effects the class.