Do you need homework in order to learn

Ron Tran, Staff Writer

Have you ever wondered in what ways does homework actually benefits us? Well I believe that homework is not beneficial to students. It just puts more work on students to do after they get out of school. Homework is not beneficial because it can increase stress, reduce the amount of sleep, and it can increase stress.

First, it can increase stress because the amount of homework you get can add up when you go throughout your class. This will cause the student to stress out because it can be put on their grades. And possibly if they didn’t do their homework correctly teachers will not give the student a very good score. So, it could lead the student into having a bad grade which will cause more stress.

Second, it can reduce the amount of sleep we get. Some teachers give a lot of homework to do most students have to stay up and do the homework. With most students procrastinating nowadays this will be a bigger problem because they do it the last minute and having to stay up when they could be getting the sleep they need or the next day. This could also be a problem because students won’t have the energy to learn the next day.

Finally, it can increase stress because the amount of homework students get may vary depending on the teacher and all of the homework given will cause the student to get stressed out. Some teachers won’t accept late assignments and this will cause the students to stress out even more. And they might not get a good score on the test because they are stressed out of how many they had.

However, some people believe that homework is beneficial because it’ll help students understand things better. Plus it’ll help students learn more at home. They believe that homework will help with better test scores, grades, and the chances of the students attending college.

A solution to this would be not to give students homework but teacher more things in class that will benefit the students. This will also help the teachers because they won’t be stressed out with consistently grading all the homework their students turn in.

Finally,