Evaluating teachers

Xitlali Martinez, Staff Writer

Education is one of the most fundamental elements of success when it comes to the upbringing of a child and even after reaching adulthood. Teaching is one of the most misunderstood professions because many people underestimate what it takes to be a teacher. Although it looks easy it’s not, the long hours with low pay and an immense work load can prove to be unbelievably overwhelming for teachers, yet they still push through and do their jobs (at least most of them do). For teachers one of the most difficult parts of the job is dealing with children and figuring out the best ways to teach in order for the kids to actually learn. A quality education is one of the most valuable things known to man because it shapes civilization and helps curate success. The impact that education has on society is so important that it is critical that the right people be hired for the job. Unqualified teachers are cheap alternatives to trained and qualified staff. Hiring unqualified teachers is harmful for students because it creates an unfair divide between the rich and the poor because the rich can easily pay for tutors or have their children go to private schools. Those who can’t do that have to just deal with it, which is ridiculous because it’s creating a big setback and disadvantage for them. Hiring qualified people is essential because if students are not properly being educated then that affects the world around them. Teachers need to be evaluated by both supervisors and their pupils in order to ensure they’re receiving a quality education. Increasing pay rate, finding a better way to manage workloads, and evaluations are good ways to help increase the amount of qualified teachers.

The major problems associated with lack of education include: unemployment, poor health, and exploitation. Reducing the cost of education w/o a reducing teacher’s salary is a way to help combat this problem because it allows for more students to enroll and focus on schooling. Educating parents is another big thing that can help people learn the importance of education and how valuable it is for their children and themselves. Reforming the way teachers teach will also help more students learn rather than having them adapt to being analyzed. Improving resources for teachers will be a way to help them be able to teach different things more efficiently. People need to learn the value of education because it’s vital to the society and world they’re going to live in.