Food in classrooms

Agustin Mariscal, Staff Writer

At the beginning of the school year a rule most teachers go through is the food policy. For most teachers, they don’t like when students bring food to their classroom, or even gum. When on the other side some teachers trust their students an allow food, drinks, etc in class. Now for the teachers that forbid food could be that they have had a bad experience in the past with students that bring food into their classroom. A student could have dropped her/his drink and stained the carpet, or with a solid type of food, not just liquid.

For these reasons the teachers don’t allow food, they don’t really trust the students that bring food into their classroom. Lunch for students is only thirty-five minutes. That might just be the problem it doesn’t give time for students, at least the ones that go out and get lunch. For those who go out, they can’t always finish it. So a student takes it to class to finish off what they couldn’t eat, then the teacher stops you midway to your seat and tells you to throw away what you have in your hand. It’s not fair; here you are making it on time to class and your teacher tells you to throw away your food. The least they can do is let them finish their food in class. It could have a major affect in the type of class you are in, so some teachers are even more strict about this policy.