Hunter High’s recycling problem

Agustin Mariscal and Carlos Whitmer

Hunter High has a problem with recycling and that problem is that they don’t do it. In most of our classes there is a recycling bin, but the problem is that most of the students do not attempt to recycle. Because we do not recycle, we are polluting our environment and not trying to solve the problem, it makes me cry to even think of all the animals we are killing.

All that is needed to be done is to educate and encourage students to recycle instead of carelessly throwing away their garbage. An entire school makes a big difference when every one of its students recycles and helps solve the problem. One of many solutions that can fix this major problem is to try to educate the students on the benefits of recycling and how it helps the world in general when our entire school makes an effort.

Some of the benefits of recycling directly help us but most it is just part of the bigger picture. Recycling helps conserve natural resources and an example of one would be wood. The biggest way we can help is by trying to go digital and stop the waste of paper, and when we do use the paper we recycle it so that it may help others. 

Hunter High needs a solution to this big problem. We need to learn the importance of recycling and help teach our fellow classmates how to do it and why we strive to fix this problem. We need to make our school a better place and help stop the waste of perfectly fine reusable materials.