The basketball open gym for boys

Ron Tran, Staff Writer

Have you ever heard about the basketball open gym during announcements? The past two months there has been boys and girls basketball open gym. The first month of basketball open gym there were basketball scrimmages, meaning they are playing five on five game. It was the bigger kids like the juniors and seniors playing against each other in the main gym. While the sophomore and freshmen play in the aux gym. The first couple of weeks were fine until we started getting injuries during the scrimmages. So they switched over to doing some exercise and drills. For the people that didn’t show up during the morning workouts has to do some conditioning with the coach Howard if they do show up at basketball open gym. Then after coach Howard taught the people who showed up new things like sosa, blocking, transitions, etc. Then they started to scrim again but it was a no contact game so we won’t have all the best players injured before the tryouts start. Last week coach Howard taught them how to do Tennessee drills (shooting drills) and on Saturday they went back to playing scrimmages and coach Howard and Moleni wanted them to communicate during the games so we would do better as a team. So if you’re interested come to basketball open gym. The announcements given at the beginning of second period will announce when there will be basketball an open gym at Hunter High School.