Pros and cons of using technology in school

Chloe Koons, Staff Writer

Technology has become something familiar in our everyday lives, but in school it can sometimes become a distraction. The cons of this is that people will be tempted to get on their phones to get on social media, watch something, or message friends. This can also distract students in other classes. The phones may also make noise if it rings, or someone gets a notification in class. Also, if the student listens to music in class they may not be able to focus or pay much attention, or they just won’t listen at all. Some students also may not have access to technology at home, so they will not be able to do the homework when they’re at home, and they will end up having to stay after school a lot which can be bad on some students’ mental health.
However, the pros of technology is that it can be faster to finish things, and take less effort. It will also allow you to access many things to get the information you need, and be able to access the information from other places. Technology can be a helpful tool to help understand the concepts you are learning in class. You can also take pictures of notes you’re not able to finish in class to look at later. So, technology can be both good and bad, but either way it is necessary to be used in school, so be sure to use your access to it to your advantage.