Save The Kids assembly

January 30, 2019

On Tuesday January 29 we had an assembly that talked about the effects technology has on students. In the assembly Collin Kartchner came to talk to the students about how bad, especially social media, can be on a student’s mental health. Teens will often compare themselves to each other, which will make them very depressed, and has caused an increase in depression and anxiety. If you only spend a few hours on your phone each day you won’t see much of an effect, but the more time you spend, the more likely it is for you to feel depressed and anxious.

Also technology may be used too much by parents, and that can make the children not get the love and attention they need. Technology, and especially social media has become an addiction that needs to be used less. We need human interaction to feel joy, and often we don’t get enough of it.

It should be good to limit the amount of time you spend on social media, and unfollow any accounts if they don’t make you feel happy. It was also sad knowing that depression and suicide rates have gone up due to technology, social media, and cyberbullying. Overall, Hunter students learned a lot during the assembly, and it was pretty fun. Hopefully students will continue to learn from this.

The Blueprint • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Blueprint Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *