Staying active while in quarantine

Haelei VanGend, Staff Writer

COVID-19 has taken over most of our lives. From parents and students staying home from work and school, to stores only allowing a certain amount of people at a time. This virus has broken out within our school and it’s caused a lot of our lives to almost come to a stop. Students at Hunter have been quarantined for 2 weeks, but during those 2 weeks attending school got shut down until May 1st. That leaves a lot of us stuck at home all day with nothing to do, of course that’s after we finish our online school.

Being stuck in the house all day can make it hard for us to maintain physical activity. Students all around the world who are in the same position as us at Hunter have been posting “at home workouts” all over social media. What started out as something to do when you’re bored, it has now turned into a trend. Friends challenge their friends to do their at home workouts, and those friends challenge other friends.

Although using peoples at home workouts to stay active, there are other things that you can do. A few ideas that I’ve seen friends and families do are going on walks in their neighborhood, playing with their dogs in the backyard, or living room. I have also seen a few of my friends making obstacle courses in their house to have fun with their younger siblings.

Staying active during this quarantine is easy! Just make sure you have fun with it, but stay safe. Keeping social distance, and staying in quarantine in mind. Good luck students and families!