After school programs

Melina Gutierrez, Staff Writer

What are some after school programs? There are a lot designed for all types of schools. It doesn’t matter on what school you attend. I remember an article and in the article it said something about an elementary school that did a new program called “HOLA”. In that program they teach the kids how to understand and how to speak a different language so that they can talk to others in the future and get a job where they are paid well because they know more than one language. This is an excellent idea because that’s what a lot of people and businesses are looking for. There have been moments where these persons and/or their companies can’t translate and need to look to others for that reason.

There was another article that spoke about how kids that go to an elementary school can join a running team where they run and practice. Then when the day comes for them to run like a mile or more, they’ll be good to go, maybe even a marathon. The article noted the response of what the parents think and a lot of them said that it’s good for their kids to go, mostly because they don’t want to see their kid watching television all day, and not do anything. Plus this can also help their kids burn calories and be active and want to go out and play.

In high school people say that there are a lot of programs like this. Other programs may help them pass a class or get credits, which is an important good thing for many students. Many of these young people can may attend with their classmates and by the end if the year a lot of them say it was good. They could go to a class where they could catch up on what they missed and they could go for help. An extra bonus is that many say that could go and try out for any type of sports once their school work was in order. Plus the sports themselves are after school programs. They can even go, learn something new, and even see if they like a sport. It is beneficial to try. There different places where students might feel like they fit in the maost. 

After school programs are sometimes fun for students because they like to stay and do activities with other students. They like to communicate with others and many kids just go to play with their friends. others say that they like to stay so they can stay and do home or help others with their homework. Sports people like to stay there to learn a new thing and to see if there gonna make it on the team. Some get mad because others go to just be in others.

Interview: As a teacher I say that’s it’s a good idea for kids to stay after school and have a little fun and do activities with others because some of them they say it makes them feel like they don’t struggle as much as how they used to with their homework, will what I hate about the tryouts sometimes its a bad cause some people just go to and not tryout but they go to be on others way so that’s what i hate about when I go to tryout, yes people that are just playing around sometimes the coach will make them go back and not come back.

Some programs here at Hunter that students can join would be credit recovery; in that program they help you with homework or something that you don’t understand. There is program or club called DECA where the student travels with others to a different place that they wanted to go to. There are a lot more but it depends on what our school offers each year. You might go to ask the office to see what programs are available, search the Hunter website, ask your counselor and they can tell you about many. Do it and see if you like any or many of them.