Construction at Hunter High School

Agustin Mariscal, Staff Writer

It is very hard to be concentrating during class when you hear all the construction machinery outside of your classroom. This isn’t just one of the problems you go through, it also affects the parking lot for students. The construction work took over a half of one side of the parking lot, that reduces the parking spots for students. Student Carlos Whitmer shared, “it gets so crowded after school to get out of the parking lot due to the reduction of space that the construction has taken.” This continues, especially during class. “Sometimes I was in chemistry and couldn’t hear the teacher because of all the noise from outside.” Whitmer also said, “I’ve heard some of the teachers complain about all the noise, they can’t even have their windows open because of the noise.”
The construction at the school has affected the students attendance. When starting the construction they closed off B’hall to go outside to walk to the relos, and closed off A-hall going to seminary. Therefore you need to go to the front of the school and go all the way around to get to your seminary class. And for students that had to get to relos had a problem because they needed to go from D-hall to use those doors to get to their class. It isn’t very easy. It complicated for students going into the school from outside and students from inside of the school going outside, as it gets very crowded.