Hunter tops Taylorsville 48-7

Gage Versteeg, Sports Editor

In week 8 Hunter headed to Taylorsville and took on the Taylorsville High School Warriors. This game was almost an exact opposite game score wise from last week, and was an exact opposite game play wise. We got ahead 14-0 at one point in the first and scored 35 first half points, 21 in the first and 14 in the second and 48 points total. We only allowed a late first quarter touchdown and shut their offense out the rest of the game, we now sit at 6-2 and 4-1 in region play.

Quarterback Daisean Cash had another amazing game, he completed 17 of 25 passes for a season high 355 yards and threw two touchdowns (TD) and an interception (INT). He ran for 69 yards on just seven carries and two rushing TDs. Saia Lomu lead the team with 11 carries for 52 yards and two TDs. Ofa Lokotui lead the team with 74 yards on nine rushes and a TD. Ivan Casas had two rushes for nine yards. Nate Suaste had another great game with a team high in both catches, seven, and yards, 136 as well as both receiving TDs. 5 players all had two catches, Saia Lomu, Lorenzo Tuaone, Josh Harding, Taylor Savage, and Xandre Hill. They totaled 19, 93, 18, 20, and 69 yards respectively. We had our best offensive nights on the season with a season high 48 points and season high 559 yards of total offense.

We also had a great night on the defensive side of the football, giving up only five first downs and only a single TD in the first quarter. Lorenzo Tuaone had two sacks to get his total on the year to seven. Taunu’u Brown and Sousa Moea’i both had half a sack. That puts our total on the season to 24 sacks. Lorenzo also picked up a fumbled ball and Andre Green also picked up a fumble. We went a second consecutive game without picking off a pass after having at least one the first six games and nine total on the season.

This is exactly what we needed after a disappointing loss last week. For week nine we have our last game of the year as well as Senior Night for all the seniors against Cyprus, make sure to come out and support the team one last time before the season ends and the playoffs begin.