Hunter can’t top Kearns

Gage Versteeg, Sports Editor

In week seven Hunter headed to Kearns to play the Kearns High School Cougars. This was not a pretty game, we only managed to score 15 total points, all coming in the second half. We allowed a season high 51 points from Kearns’s offense, 44 of which coming in the first half. Now we sit at second in region at 5-2 and 3-1 in region play.

Quarterback Daisean Cash didn’t have his best game going six of 17 passing for just 58 yards and throwing an interception (INT). He had 52 rushing yards and a touchdown (TD) on 10 rushes. Ofa Lokotui had a good game running the ball with 112 yards and a TD on 13 carries or 8.6 yards per carry. Koni Tahi had 22 yards on six rushes and Jordan Tupea had four rushes on six yards before leaving with an injury. Wyatt Swanty lead the team with three catches. He had 11 yards on those three catches. Nate Suaste had two catches for 40 yards, and Xandre Hill had a catch for seven yards.

Taunu’u Brown had his second sack of the year while Huni Tauteoli and Kiwi Tuivaiti both had half a sack. Loni Tatafu caused a fumble and Tavian Anderson picked it up and ran it 20 yards down field.

This game definitely didn’t show how good we can be. We have had an excellent season and had one bad game but even pro teams like the New England Patriots have games where they don’t look amazing, I know we will bounce back and finish the year out strong. Next week we head to Taylorsville to play the Taylorsville High School Warriors.