Battle of the Ville

Gage Versteeg, Sports Editor

Hunter went to Granger in week five for anothe meeting in the Battle of the Ville. Hunter started out a little slow and trailed 6-0 heading into halftime. After the half though, the offensive took off. Scoring 35 unanswered points in the second half to win 35-6. We now sit at 4-1 heading into a match up against the West High School Panthers.

Quarterback Daisean Cash had another good game, he completed 12 0f 25 passes for 149 yards and threw one touchdown (TD) and one interception (INT). He had two rushing touchdowns on six carries for 59 yards. We had a three-headed monster in the backfield with Saia Lomu, Ofa Lokotui, and Jordan Tupea. Tupea led the way with 12 carries and 89 yards to go along with two TDs. Saia had 39 yards on 7 carries and Ofa had 46 yards on just five carries. As a team we had 233 yards rushing on 30 carries or 7.8 yards per carry. We got almost eight yards every time we ran the ball, which is really really good. Eight receivers caught a pass with no one having more than three. The person with three was Taylor Savage, he finished with 17 yards. Jordan Tupea and Omar Gonzalez each had two catches for 27 yards. Wyatt Swanty, Tyler Gale, Xandre Hill, Dallas Brown, and Jordan Miller all caught a single pass for 37, 13, 1, 11, and 16 yards. Dallas also caught a TD pass, his first on the year.

We totaled seven sacks on defense with four different players getting at least one. Lorenzo Tuaone led the way with three. He now has a team high five sacks. Sousa Moea’i had a two sack game to put his total on the season to three. Ofa Lokotui and Kiwi Tuavaiti each had a sack as well. We also picked Granger’s QB off three times. Ofa picked him off twice on back to back drives and had 26 return yards, Wyatt Swanty picked him off in the redzone in a clutch defensive stop.

I usually don’t name a player of the game but today I will and I would say it was Ofa Lokotui. He was great on both sides of the ball with his five carries for 46 yards on offense and sack and two INTs on defense. Next week Hunter heads back home to take on West.