Supporting Hunter High

Kaydence Richens, staff writer

As you all know, Hunter High has many events that go on. Whether it’s sports (such as baseball, basketball, soccer…), theater productions, club activities, and other events. Now do you really support Hunter High; that’s not just asking if you support the school as itself. It’s more like do you support the students at this school and attend the sports events, theater productions, or club activities.

If the answer is no, how well do you really enjoy being a Hunter Wolverine. I don’t go to all of the events, but I do try to go to as many as possible. I am not saying you have to attend every events to be known as a good student at Hunter, but I do believe that being a real supporter of Hunter High is being a supporter of the students that attend this school.

Being a Hunter Wolverine isn’t just showing up to school because you have to. It is more of how you support our school. Showing up to the baseball games, softball games, plays, drill showcases and the DECA fashion show [to name a few], are just a smallĀ  part of being a Hunter Wolverine. Being a Hunter Wolverine means you are willing to represent our school whenever and however you possibly can. Students who show up for classes only, or students who simply attend Hunter because their parents make them or because they’re in the boundaries, appear to not care. Be a supporter of the things going on in our school, and I assure you that you will cherish your high school years a bit more.